Dec 05 , 2019
Did you know? Rabbits are the third most abundant pet, after dogs and cats! In honor of 'Adopt-A-Rescued Rabbit' Month, We put together 8 reasons rescued rabbits make great pets:
- They don't require a backyard! They happily stay in large cages or puppy pens during the day when you’re gone and love to come out to romp around in rabbit-proofed rooms when you’re home.
- Rabbits don't need to be walked! Perfect for people with busy schedules
- Rabbits can be litter box trained very easy Easy clean-up
- Many people who are allergic to dogs and cats are not allergic to rabbits You can put the allergy meds away!
- Rabbit schedules match up with people schedules Our furry friends are crepuscular, meaning they are most active at dawn and dusk, which is usually when we are starting or ending our day.
- Rabbits can help you get healthy Rabbies eat lots of fruits and veggies so it certainly wouldn't hurt your diet if your fridge is stocked with them!
- Rabbits have long lifespans compared to other small animals. They can live 10-12 years if provided with a proper diet and care
- Rabbits are great snugglers! Check out Petfinder for over 4,800 rabbits ready to be your new 'snuggle-buddy'!